Skip to main content

FISHING IN EGYPT





Usually when people think about fishing in Egypt, they think of Hurghada, Sharm, or Nasser Lake where they can rent a boat or sometimes even fish off of a dock. However, fishing in Egypt is much simpler than that.
I got in my car and started my journey on the west bank of the Nile in Cairo. I passed Imbaba, Wara', and then I passed the Ring Road. I thought I was lost, so I asked around about a famous bridge where people fish. One man was very helpful and told me to go straight until I reached a bridge called El Galatma.

After traveling about 20 kilometers, I found the Galatma Bridge. It is an old bridge with many gardens and trees all around it. I parked my car and went to walk on the bridge. One of the main means of transportation there was the donkey and people looked so cute riding them. The Nile looked very clear and calm. There are two little bridges beside the Galatma Bridge where people stand and fish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Egyptian names of some spices/flavours

Ginger = ganzabeel Cinnamon = qerfah Cumin = cammon Cardamom = habhan 7abhan Oregano = zatar Cloves = qoronful Coriander = kozbarah Basil = rehan = re7an Curry = karry hindi Paprika = filfil a7mar na3em bared Dried mint = na3na3 Dried Basil seeds powder = re7an 7ab na3em bay leaves = lawry red pepper = shaatah sumac = sumac tumeric = curcumin or osfor Garlic - Toom Coriander has 2 types Fresh - kuzbara khadra Ground - kuzbara nashfa Dill - shabat Parsley - ba'doonis Black pepper - fil fil iswid Salt - Mal7 Sesame - Simsim Thyme - Za'tar Allspice = Boharaat, Bohar Ammonia (powder) = Nashader Anise = Yansoun Basil, fresh = Rihan Bayleaf, Laurel = Wara' El Laura Capers = Qobbar (Abu Khanger) Caraway = Karawya Cardamom = Habbahaan Cayenne Pepper = Shatta Chicory= Chicoria Chili = Felfel Ahmar Amrikani, Shatta Chives = Korraat Baladi Cinnamon = Erfah Cloves = Oronfel Coriander, dry, seeds = Ko...

Tom and basal or tuum and Basal

It is a name of a restaurant seving Falafel( taameya) and Fuul ( beans) located in Madient Nasr( nasr city) . it is close to City center and city stars and is located in Midan al sa'a ( the clock square) or the Watch square) tuum Garlic Basal means Onion google Map Enjoy!

Koshary Asfar

Yellow Lentil is 3ads asfar عدس أصفر We use it to cook that Yellow Koshary. Ingredient: One cup of yellow lentil - and one cup of rice- salt- onion - a spoon of butter Method: Cut the onion into small pieces and add some butter melt add the onion to the butter and quickly add the yellow lentil-rice mixture add two cups of water and leave to boil then cut down the heat and cover the pot. After about 15 minute the recipe will finish, eat and belhana wel shefa