Skip to main content

Pies or Feter at Attaba Square

Today, It was the week end here in Egypt. I got a cute walk in Attaba near Azbakia fence and garden, Near 23 July street I have found a guy selling some pies and Pizza. I made up my mind and I went to buy some pies and a pizza from him, It was not expensive but it tasted delicious actually. Down town never stops to amaze me actually. I also tried a sandwich of shawerma and Kofta. They were also wonderful. I was a bit paranoid but today, I was courageous enough to try that Food.

I have tried pies with jam, sugar and that was the one with honey one which I missed.
Actually It is called Fetera ( the plural is Feter) which I tried and The guy who makes and sells them is called Fatatry.
الفطير
الفطاطري
الفطيرة
The image

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Some Egyptian names of some spices/flavours

Ginger = ganzabeel Cinnamon = qerfah Cumin = cammon Cardamom = habhan 7abhan Oregano = zatar Cloves = qoronful Coriander = kozbarah Basil = rehan = re7an Curry = karry hindi Paprika = filfil a7mar na3em bared Dried mint = na3na3 Dried Basil seeds powder = re7an 7ab na3em bay leaves = lawry red pepper = shaatah sumac = sumac tumeric = curcumin or osfor Garlic - Toom Coriander has 2 types Fresh - kuzbara khadra Ground - kuzbara nashfa Dill - shabat Parsley - ba'doonis Black pepper - fil fil iswid Salt - Mal7 Sesame - Simsim Thyme - Za'tar Allspice = Boharaat, Bohar Ammonia (powder) = Nashader Anise = Yansoun Basil, fresh = Rihan Bayleaf, Laurel = Wara' El Laura Capers = Qobbar (Abu Khanger) Caraway = Karawya Cardamom = Habbahaan Cayenne Pepper = Shatta Chicory= Chicoria Chili = Felfel Ahmar Amrikani, Shatta Chives = Korraat Baladi Cinnamon = Erfah Cloves = Oronfel Coriander, dry, seeds = Ko...

Tom and basal or tuum and Basal

It is a name of a restaurant seving Falafel( taameya) and Fuul ( beans) located in Madient Nasr( nasr city) . it is close to City center and city stars and is located in Midan al sa'a ( the clock square) or the Watch square) tuum Garlic Basal means Onion google Map Enjoy!

Koshary Asfar

Yellow Lentil is 3ads asfar عدس أصفر We use it to cook that Yellow Koshary. Ingredient: One cup of yellow lentil - and one cup of rice- salt- onion - a spoon of butter Method: Cut the onion into small pieces and add some butter melt add the onion to the butter and quickly add the yellow lentil-rice mixture add two cups of water and leave to boil then cut down the heat and cover the pot. After about 15 minute the recipe will finish, eat and belhana wel shefa